Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 2

After breakfast this morning, Gerlinde, Michael, Richard and I drove to Gerlinde's sister's house (or should I say farm again?). She has over 20 cows and they sell the milk to schools and to neighbors. While I was there a neighbor came over to purchase a gallon of milk. Gerlinde's sister lives with her husband, mother in law, father in law, and 4 children (2 of whom I met). They were all very nice to me. For lunch we had soup with cake in it (that's what they called it). It was good and tasted like matza ball soup, but didn't tell them that. Our main course was a vegetarian dish. It looked like a flattened crabcake. Regardless, it was good.

After lunch Gerlinde, the kids and I went to a town a couple villages over and toured this really old Austrian house which they made into a museum. After that we went to Linz for the remainder of the afternoon. At Linz we went to the Grottenbahn. The Grottenbahn is at the top of a really high hill in the city. On top of the hill you had amazing panoramic views of Linz. The Grottenbahn was more for Richard and Michael. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It has something to do with fairy tales, ie Hansel and Gretel and Rumpelstiltskin (You know what goes good with Yoohoo, a little Rum).

After Linz we had to get back to Freistadt because Gerlinde has her English class on Tuesday night (oh jeez, I hope she did well). I got back to the house around 6:30. I had a sandwich for dinner (pepperoni, cheese and mustard), showered and now updating this. Tomorrow Gerlinde works and Gunter watches the children.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you went there! That's what I was telling you to do there :) I'm loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete