Monday, September 21, 2009

T - Minus 6 Days

Well it's come down to my last full week before I leave for Austria. I have already gotten out my suitcase and bookbag. Still not sure how many suitcases I should bring. I mean I'm going for two months and Gunter said the weather could be anywhere from 77 degrees to 23 degrees. My winter jacket alone will take up a huge amount of space (and so will my 60 pez dispensers I am taking, keep reading). The past couple weeks I have been busy getting stuff down for work and buying things I need for the trip. I bought and installed my Slingbox so I will be able to watch American TV while over there. Though I don't intend to watch much TV I gotta watch the Ravens play. I also bought a netbook, electricity converter and adapter, and some small gifts for my host family.

I have also been busy doing research on what I want to see/do while I am over there. As it turns out there is going to be the 7th Annual Pez convention in Linz (about 45 min away) in late October. Some of the activities in this 4 day convention include: tour of the new Pez factory in Hungary, Pez bingo, Pez charity auctions, Pez repair seminar and Pez room hopping. It sounds like an awesome good time. I emailed one of the organizers of the convention to see if he was interested in any of my American Pez and he was. I think I am bringing over 60+ dispensers for him to buy or for us to trade.

As for cities I want to visit, Cesky Krumlov and Cesky Budejovice in the Czech Republic seem pretty cool and I hope to make it there. As for cities you might have heard of I want to visit Salzburg, Prague and Vienna.

As of now my flight is about 75% full. I still have the seat next to me empty and I hope it stays that way. The website says that Angels and Demons and X-Men Origins will be playing on the plane. I hope they are right. That should keep me busy for about 4 hours. Gunter emailed me and said he will be waiting with a sign with my name on it. That ought to be interesting.

Well in one week from now I will be writing from my first day in Grunbach. I'll try to write once more before I leave.

2 comments:

  1. You are bringing 60 Pez dispensers? How much money will you make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could probably sell them to him for a couple dollars a piece but I'd prefer to trade them for ones that he has. We will see, I'm sure I won't even meet up with him and I'll have to drag all 60 of them back home with me.

    ReplyDelete