Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back From Budapest, Final Week




Hey guys, well I got back from Budapest yesterday (Sunday night). The internet wasn't working last night so I didn't get to see another heartbreaking Ravens loss.

So after my last post from Budapest I went and walked around the Pest side of Budapest. Buda is on one side of the Danube and Pest the other. The Pest side is the flatter more commercial side and Buda is the hilly, greener side. On Friday I visited St Stephens Church, the largest in Hungary. I went to Heroes Square and visited their Christmas Market. The Christmas Market was really cool because they had all the Christmas lights on and it made the city look even more pretty. The weather was very misty/foggy so you didn't get a lot of good views but at least it wasn't raining (I'm looking at you Prague). Also on Friday I needed to get some money out of the ATM since they use Forints and not the Euro. It was pretty confusing since $1 = 180 Forints. So I had to get out 25,000 Forints.

Saturday is when I toured the Buda side of Budapest. The Buda side is where the castle sits and from this side you have an excellent view of the Hungary Parliament building.

My hotel was very nice and was one block off of Andrazzy Street and right next to the Opera House. Andrazzy Street is modeled after the Champs D'Elysses in Paris. It is a very straight street running from Heroes Square all the way down to near the Danube. It is a very pretty with trees outlining it and many posh stores.

Coming back yesterday (Sunday) all my modes of transportation were on time to the minute. I took the 11:10 train from Budapest to Vienna. I arrived in Vienna at 2:08 and took the 2:20 train to Linz. I arrived in Linz at 3:50 and took the 4:42 bus back to Freistadt.

So here I am on Monday for my last 5 days in Austria. I can't believe how fast this trip has gone and that I will be home on Saturday. I don't have much planned for this week except one day I will go to Linz to do some shopping and on Thursday night Gerlinde will be making Thanksgiving dinner for me, but with chicken not turkey.

Thank you all who have stuck with me and continue to read this thing. I will see all of you very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment