Friday, November 13, 2009

Time For An Update

Hey guys, sorry this is my first update all week. Not much has been going on in Upper Austria.

Monday - Wednesday was pretty quiet. On Tuesday Gerlinde and I made potato soup. We sorta have a running joke about all the pumpkin soup I have been eating so when I heard she knows how to make potato soup I asked if she could make it. Before she started to make it, their potato soup is different than ours. Theirs is just broth and potatoes. So I found a recipe online for the "American" baked potato soup. You know, like the kind you can find at TGI Fridays or Red Robin. So Gerlinde had all the ingredients except for the bacon, sour cream and cheddar cheese. We went to the grocery store and picked them up. Although the soup was ok it definitely didn't taste like TGI Fridays and not in a good way.

On Thursday it was back to the school I went to visit 3 new classes I haven't been and it was the same routine, a question and answer session. I got a new question yesterday from two of the classes. They want to know if all Americans are overweight. I guess that is a stereotype most countries have about Americans. Last night Gerlinde got a phone call from Ingrid asking me if I wanted to go out to Lusthouse last night. So after pretty much staying in the house Monday - Wednesday I eagerly accepted her proposal. At 9, Ingrid, her cousin, and her friend Alex picked me up and we headed to Lusthouse. Lusthouse is a bar/club. Thursday night they mostly played "oldies" Austrian music. I had a nice time but didn't get home until 3:30.

Today (Friday) I am going back to the school this afternoon to assist with the students who are getting their Cambridge Certificate. This is what the teacher had to say about it "basically fce (first cambridge certificate, if you're intersted www.cambridgeesol.org - general english - fce)is for our advanced pupils and they will take an external standardized exam in june".

This weekend I don't have much planned but hope to do something since this is my 2nd to last weekend in Austria and there is a chance next weekend I might be going to Budapest. I will keep you posted.

Hope everyone is doing well in America and I hope to see you all when I get back in 15 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment