Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back From Prague, Off to Vienna




Well I just got back from Prague on Tuesday and now I am off to Vienna tomorrow (Friday). I am quite the jet-setter this week.

On Wednesday Gunter was home from work so Gerlinde and I did some major tutoring. She meant business this time cause we left the house to get away from Gunter, Michael and Richard. She took me to Vis a Vis, a nice little restaurant in Old Town Freistadt. We did some studying and had lunch. I have been here for almost 6 weeks and this was the FIRST time that either her or Gunter had eaten out at a restaurant. The meal was very good. I had soup, bierschnitzel and apfelstrudel. Gerlinde was kind enough to pay for me. We were probably there for 3 hours. We came back in time for Michael to watch Dora on my slingbox.

Today (Thursday) I went back to the school to give a helping hand. But before I went to school I went up a tower in Old Town Freistadt. It was a beautiful sunny day and I had some good views, see pics above. The main teacher I have been working with wanted me to help with special projects for a couple of her classes. The first class I went to is going to put in a role play for the school's open house in December. The teacher wanted me to walk around to different groups and to see if any of them needed help with vocabulary for their skits. After that class we went to another class, which she has for 2 hours and 15 minutes. The teacher wanted the class to break into 3 groups (two groups of four and one group of 3). I would then take each group, one at a time, to the supermarket right up the street from the school and I would spend about 40 minutes going up and down the aisles going over vocabulary with them. It was a lot of fun and I think the students enjoyed it as well.

So tomorrow I will take the 1pm bus to Linz and arrive around 2:30. I will then take the 3:30 train to Vienna and arrive around 5:15. I will be staying to around midday on Sunday. I don't have much planned for Vienna but I just downloaded the Vienna ToGo App for my iphone so I should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment