Sunday, October 18, 2009

I PEZzed in my pants today



Usually I would have waited until after the Ravens game to update my blog but after being down 17 points mid-way through the 4th quarter I figured I could get a head start. Dawan Landry is really bad and the weakest link on an average defense.

Anyway, yesterday (Saturday) was a pretty quiet day. I went to Mitterbach Saturday night with some friends and had fun. This morning Hans Puchringer, a big pez collector from Sandl, picked me up and took me back to his house so he could show me his collection and so we could deal some pez. When he told me what pez to bring to Austria I thought he was a small time collector. Boy was I mistaken. Hans could very well be the #1 pez collector is the whole world. I need to check when I get home but I think in my pez guide, most of the rare and expensive items came from Hans' collection. (note - Ravens are now winning, will blog later) As it turns out he had every single pez I brought here and just wanted them to resell to other people. Not only did he have every pez I brought him and but very well might have every single pez ever made and then some. There used to be a pez factory in Austria and when it shut down he bought so much pez memorabilia. He had everything from molds, to tools, to signs, to vending machines. You name it he had it. (note - Ravens just lost the game, that's 3 times in last 3 weeks where it came down to the end and all losses, NE - Offense lost it, Cincy - Defense, Minnesota - Special Teams) Back to Hans and his pez. I honestly believe he has every single dispenser. He has dispensers with extremely rare color variations. He knew a guy that used to work in the factory and sometimes the factory workers would make a few dispensers a different color and sell them for a lot of money to collectors. Pretty brilliant if you ask me. So after looking at his collection it was time to make a deal. I brought 60 pez for him and each one was about $1-$2 a piece. A couple weeks ago I emailed Hans telling him which current european pez I needed. So he got all the ones I had asked for. It was probably about 15-20 dispensers that he got me. So then he pulled out a briefcase that had about 50 old (probably from the 70's) non-footed dispensers. He said to start taking the ones I want and he will tell me when the value is about even. I ended up taking 6 of these dispensers. These 6 are now definitely the oldest dispensers in my collection. See pic above of Hans and one with me and his daughter. Hans was one of the nicest guys I have met on this trip. Maybe I just think that because we are pez brothers.

Good news, I found a suit to wear to prom on Saturday. I tried on some of Gunter's current suits and they were too big. Then Gerlinde found the suit he wore on his wedding and it fit perfectly. Unfortunately his shoes are too small for me so I might have to go buy a cheap pair of black shoes this week.

Can you believe he missed that field goal? I mean come on.

No comments:

Post a Comment