Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Prom Night


Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well. This trip is flying by. I've been here for about 4 weeks and in 5 weeks I will be home already.

Friday and Saturday (during the day) were pretty quiet days. I needed to rest up for the big prom on Saturday night. The prom started at 7:30 and was supposed to go until 3 or 4 in the morning. The prom was at a big hall in Freistadt. I think there was about 2,500 to 3,000 people there. Ingrid and Konrad picked me up at 8. In the center of the hall are tables and only the guests of the senior class are allowed to sit there. One major difference between their school dance and a school dance in America is the number of bars they had there. There was a beer bar, cocktail bar, wine bar, champagne bar, and schnapps bar. Another difference is the music. Up until 12 they played mostly classical music but after 12 they opened it up a bit, I think I heard The Twist at some point. I pretty much walked around the whole night saying hi to friends that I previously met from school. I didn't hang out with one person the whole night, I guess you could say I was a social butterfly. Ingrid, Konrad and I left at about 2:45. Actually at 3 in the morning their daylight savings ended so now I am only 5 hours ahead of you (until next week when USA daylight savings ends).

No comments:

Post a Comment