Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tomorrow I Am Off To Prague

Hey guys, sorry there haven't been too many blog updates this past week. Wednesday - Friday didn't have too much going on. Basically I spent my time gearing up for Prague, which I leave tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 7am.

On Thursday Gerlinde and I went to the train station to buy my train ticket. I am leaving at 7am on Sunday (Gerlinde will drop me off at the Freistadt train station on her way to work) and I arrive back in Freistadt on Tuesday night at 9:45pm (this is perfect because Gerlinde has school Tuesday night until 9:30). The train ticket cost 55 euros which is about $80. The train ride is a little less than 4.5 hours. I don't have to change trains which is nice.

Alex and I are staying at a hostel only 200 steps from old town square. The name is called Prague Square Hostel (I know, very original). We will be staying in an 8 bedded room. It only costs about 14 euros per person per night (that is about $20).

We really don't have a set itinerary so we will be winging it for the most part. We definitely want to see the Prague Castle (it is supposed to be one of the biggest in the world) and this should take about half a day and the rest of the time we will probably just walk around old town and the jewish quarter.

Sorry to disappoint but I will not be updating my blog until I return. You will probably go through some sort of withdrawal but hang in there. You will have something to look forward to on Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment