Friday, October 16, 2009

TGIF

Hey, what's up? So yesterday (friday) was another day when I got pimped out to more English classes at school. I think now that I started I am going to have to go to every English class at least once. But like I said before I don't mind at all. I think it's a lot of fun. I ended up going to 4 classes yesterday. It was the same format as it was on Monday. I gave a little introduction about myself and then it was Q&A time for the rest of the class. I pretty much was asked the same questions as I did on Monday. One question that was asked repeatedly again yesterday was "Are you going to the prom?" On October 24th the school is having their prom. After talking with the students and teachers I found out that their prom is nothing like our prom. First of all it is being held in the fall when ours is traditionally in the spring. Second their prom is for the whole school. Third seniors can bring eight people as guests and will usually bring parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. Fourth they will have a band that will play classical music the whole night. So there will be a lot of waltzing that night. I'm sure there are lots of other differences but those are the main differences. And as it turns out I think I am going to make it to the prom. I can't let all my students down. I am going to see if Gunter has a suit I can fit into.

After classes a student came up to one of the English teachers and wanted to interview her and I for a radio station he works for. From what I gathered the radio station is doing a project where they try to get 2,000 people giving a 2-3 minute monologue about anything they want to talk about. He said that I will be on the radio next Saturday. I just spoke about what my experience has been like in Austria thus far.

Last night I went out with some friends. I took the bus into town to meet them and took my first taxi took get home last night. The ride was about 9 euros which isn't too bad. It's really refreshing how nice everyone has been to me. When it was time to go home they called a taxi for me and made they told the driver exactly where to go so I could make it home safely.

Today (Saturday) should be a pretty quiet day. Gerlinde is working today so no tutoring today. Probably won't write back until Sunday evening after the Ravens lose. :-(

3 comments:

  1. I told you to bring something nice to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have needed to bring a suit, not sure if khakis would have cut it

    ReplyDelete