Thursday, October 8, 2009

Past Two Days Update

Hello all, I'm here to tell you what has been going on the past two days. Yesterday (Wednesday) was a productive studying day with Gerlinde. Since Gunter doesn't work on Wednesday Gerlinde and I were able to study English in the morning and the early afternoon. I helped her with her homework and we did some other exercises. After studying her, michael, richard and I went out for a little walk. The weather here has been perfect. Probably about mid 60's and sunshine. I don't think the weather is going to last like that for much longer though.

Today (Thursday) started out a little crazy. Gerlinde, Michael and Richard left around 845 to go to some play center and they would be back around 1045. While they were gone I decided to take a shower. In their bathroom they have a stand up shower right next to a bath tub. I went to turn on the water and noticed that the lever to turn on the water wasn't there. So I tried to turn on the water without it by turning the knob and it worked without a problem. So i'm showering and think to myself I wonder if I can turn off the water as easily as it turned on. And the answer is of course no. The knob is stuck and won't move. The thing is when I turned it on I must have turned on the water full pressure because the water is taking too long to drain. I think of great I am going to flood the entire house. So using my intuitive skills I took the shower head and the cord (I don't know what it's called but its the one you can take down and sing into like a microphone) and I put it over the wall so the water could drain into the bathtub. So no big problem except I don't want the water running for over an hour. So I get the phone to call Gerlinde and she didn't answer. Then I call Gunter and he did answer. I explained to him the problem and he said to try to turn the knob. I've already tried but I will try again. So there I am in the bathroom, naked (sorry) on the phone trying to turn the knob and the next thing I know I hit the cord and the showerhead falls into the shower and the head breaks off and water is going all over the place. I try to hang up with Gunter as fast as I can and tell him I will figure something out. So the first thing I do is get the head part back on the shower head. That was pretty easy, then I put the showerhead back into the bathtub. Then next to the bathroom sink I see the lever. I look at it and say to myself "Self, how in the hell does this fit into the knob?" You know they say in heat of battle you just let instincts take over and that's exactly what happened. Lets just say the next thing you know I got the lever in the knob and turned off the water. Phew.

After that ordeal and after lunch, Gerlinde, the kids and I went to a spa/indoor swimming pool in Gmund (Gmund is about an hour away located in the state of Lower Austria). We spent about 4 hours there swimming around. It was very nice there. The water was very warm and it was salt water. They had three different pools you could swim in. One was an indoor/outdoor pool. You know what's kinda funny, today, in Austria, in October was the first time I went swimming all year. I do everything back asswards. When we got home I had a sandwich but not any sandwich. A sandwich on a roll!!!! This was the first time (except for McDonalds) that I had white bread. You don't realize how good (and probably unhealthy) white bread is when you have been eating wheat bread (actual wheat bread, not just something that says wheat bread but still has tons of glucose in it). It was delicious.

Alrighty y`all. Catch ya on the flip side.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog at work and burst into loud laughter. A couple of questions - Is this the first time you took a shower? Do you know bacon isn't kosher? Did you buy me a present yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it funny. I didn't describe as well as it actually happened though.

    1. No
    2. Yes I know
    3. not yet but don't feel bad, I didn't buy anyone a present yet

    ReplyDelete